This is the best guide on how to Check Access bank account balance for free using the Access Bank USSD code. Most customers of Access Bank plc are not aware that the possibility that they can easily check their account balance without going to the bank or going to the nearest ATM terminal.
For those who are not aware, Diamond Bank plc merged with Access Bank, and customers of Diamond bank can now use this Diamond transfer code to continue their mobile banking.
Access Bank plc is a Nigerian multinational commercial bank, which is owned and managed by Access Bank Group. This bank is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria, which is Nigeria’s official banking regulator.
There are numerous ways customers of Access bank can check their account balance, one of the easiest methods is SMS.
Table of Contents
How to Check Access Bank Account Balance via SMS
Earlier today, a reader sent a message, stating: “please, how can I check my access bank balance?”. This prompt me to write a step by step tutorial on how you can do this without any hassle or error.
Dialing the official Access Bank USSD for checking account balance automatically prompts the bank to send you your balance via SMS.
To use the SMS method, you are required to compose an SMS in this format: BAL(Space)Account Number, e.g BAL 1983457621 and send it to 08160000612.
You will be charged N5 for each transaction because your account balance will automatically be sent to you via SMS.
IMPORTANT: However, it is very important to note here that to get your Account balance, YOU must use a phone number that is linked with your account. This works efficiently on MTN, GLO, Airtel or 9Mobile. You will be charged a certain fee, depending on your Mobile network operator.
How to Check Account Balance via USSD.
- Using the phone number which is linked with your Access Bank account and dial *901*5#.
- Within a few seconds, you’ll receive an SMS containing your account balance.
How to Register for Access Bank Internet Banking
For customers who don’t know how to use the Access Bank internet banking, here is the easiest guide on how to register and activate the Access Bank internet banking for free.
- Visit the Access Bank’s internet banking platform portal at https://ibank.accessbankplc.com/RetailBank/
- Click on the “Register Now” button which is prominent on the screen.
- Type in your account number in the empty box provided for verification and then click on “Next”.
- Few seconds/minutes later (depending on your network operator), A verification message which contains your Access Bank internet banking activation code will be sent to your email and the phone number which you used when creating your Access Bank account.
- Type in the code in the blank box provided and click on “Submit”.
- When you have successfully verified this, a new screen will appear where you will choose your preferred internet banking ID, Password, and a secure image. Carefully provide details you can always remember.
- Finally, you MUST accept the terms and conditions and click on the “Submit” button.
- Once your registration is successful, you can now log on to the Access Bank Internet Banking platform to perform various banking activities, including checking your account balance.
How to Check Access Bank Account Balance
To easily and quickly check your Access Bank account balance, simply dial *901*5# using the phone number you used for registration when creating the account.
Once you do this, you will receive an automatic message requesting you to type in either your mobile banking PIN or the last four digits of your BVN. This is to verify if it’s truly the owner of the account who wants to check the account balance. Once you have provided the requirement, your account balance will be displayed on your screen.
Also, you can check your account balance using the Access Bank mobile app which you can freely download online.