Searching for the official National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) or NIN enrollment centers in Nigeria? Through this list, you will get to see the official Registration centers for the 36 states in Nigeria.
This includes all states in Nigeria and FCT Abuja.
According to the JAMB registrar, Professor Ishaq, all candidates planning to register for the 2020 JAMB UTME must present their NIMC card for identification. This means the number of people (including jambites) who will be registering for the NIN national card will be double.
Although I would have separately written about each state, I decided that it will be best to sum it up in one page where you can simply click on your state and see the official NIMC registration center nearest to you.
The National ID Card or NIN application has been mandated to be carried out ONLY in approved NIN Enrolment/Registration Centres in Nigeria. Of course, there are large numbers of registration centers across the 36 states in Nigeria. All you need to do is locate the closest one in your area and complete your registration.
Table of Contents
- National identity Card Registration Centres.
- What is the meaning of NIMC and NIN?
- What are the Requirements for National ID card in Nigeria?
- How long does it take to get National ID card in Nigeria?
- How can I find my NIN?
- How to Retrieve NIN?
- How do I know if my Nimc card is ready?
- Is National ID Card Free?
- Can I register for National ID Card Twice?
- About NIMC.
National identity Card Registration Centres.
What is the meaning of NIMC and NIN?
The NIMC means National Identity Management Commission, while the NIN means National Identification Number (NIN).
What are the Requirements for National ID card in Nigeria?
All you need to do is to walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre in your area, with your BVN. However, it would be better if you have one or any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents as listed below:
- Old National ID Card.
- Driver’s License.
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport.
- Certificate of Origin.
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents.
How long does it take to get National ID card in Nigeria?
This is one question that the answer is not yet available, and the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is yet to make any official statement. People who registered for the NIN national card since its commencement, are yet to receive their Permanent and Original NIN ID Card.
How can I find my NIN?
This one is easy, as long as the phone number which you used for registration is still available.
Here’s the USSD to dial to retrieve your NIN. Those who have already registered for NIMC and have forgotten their NIN can use their NIN or lost their NIN slip can use the NIMC’s USSD service which enables you to retrieve your NIN conveniently using your mobile phone.
How to Retrieve NIN?
- Dial *346#
- Through the options displayed on your screen, choose “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’, if you are using the same phone number you used to register with the NIN.
- Follow the steps displayed on your screen and provide the required details.
- Take note that you will be charged N20 (twenty Naira) only from your simcard balance. If you don’t have up to N20, this service won’t work.
How do I know if my Nimc card is ready?
I wrote a very detailed and step by step guide on how to check if your NIMC / NIN card is ready. Click Here to check if your National Identity Card is ready.
Is National ID Card Free?
According to the official National Identification Number (NIN) management, the National ID card is FREE! The National e-ID card is free, but some centers require N500 for registration, and if you want the GreenCard right there, most NIN centers charges you 2,000 to 4,000 Naira. However, if you are not willing to pay, you’ll be asked to come for it in the next 1-2 months.
Can I register for National ID Card Twice?
It’s considered a criminal offense by the NIMC body if your register twice. The answer is no. If you’ve forgotten your National identity number (NIN), please use the answer above to retrieve it.
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) or National Identity Number (NIN) are both the same. The NIMC is a statutory Nigerian organization that operates the country’s national identity management systems.
This body was first established by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007, and this was established to do the following:
- Create, operate and manage Nigeria’s national identity card database,
- Integrate the existing identity database in government institutions,
- Register individuals and legal residents,
- Assign a unique national identification number,
- Introduce general multi-purpose cards.
This card is important and compulsory for all Nigerians.